1. Hair should be Deep Conditioned before installing (Recommended Product *Pantene Deep Conditioning*)
2. Apply a generous amount of conditioner to the hair and place in a small microwave safe bowl with about 2 tablespoons of water. Place bowl in microwave for about 45 seconds.
3. Remove bowl and allow hair to cool and coal in conditioner for about 30 to 45 minutes.
4. Remove hair from bowl and rinse hair with lukewarm water. Be sure to remove all of the conditioner. If too much remains, hair will not hold curls very well.
5. Allow hair to air dry for about one to two hours. After drying the hair is ready to be installed.
In order to keep hair from shedding and tangling, hair should b washed and deep conditioned at the very least every two weeks.
YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO MAINTAIN YOUR BRAZILIAN VIRGIN HAIR:
1. Loop paddled brush- this brush is not an ordinary wig brush. The bristles has loops so that the hair doesn't shed during brushing. Its not as harsh as the typical wig brush which causes a lot of shedding. when untangling your virgin hair, always make sure you start from THE BOTTOM and work your way to the top, using your loop paddled brush. This will make the hair even more unlikely to shed.
2. Herbal Essences "Hello Hydration" shampoo and conditioner. It is in a Blue Bottle. I find this shampoo very moisturizing yet gentle on the virgin hair.The key word is MOISTURIZING.
during washing if your virgin hair is installed, only wash while you are in the shower with your BACK FACING THE WATER so that hair is getting wet going in a downward motion.
Do not rub while washing instead, use the "squeeze method". only directly scrub the SCALP as much as possible. Also, while washing your virgin hair, I recommend condition the virgin hair as the first step, then, second step shampoo, and then last step, CONDITION again. Conditioning the hair as the first step is to prevent tangling during shampooing, and the last step to retain a good moisture.
, remember to untangle virgin hair using your LOOP PADDLED BRUSH before getting the virgin hair wet. DO NOT USE EXTREMELY HOT WATER ON YOUR VIRGIN HAIR, this could damage the hair in its self. luke warm to cool water is needed to shampoo and condition the hair. If you purchased wavy textured hair, its best to let it Air dry so that it can wave up to your desire.
Conditioning the hair is very important. During the times that you want to wash your hair while it is installed, you do not always have to shampoo it. Conditioning it is good enough. You want to wash the hair at least once every two weeks.
Do not ever use any African American hair products on your virgin hair. Brazilian hair is actually raw Spanish hair therefore you will need to use Caucasian products. From my experience, Pantene MOISTURIZING shampoo and deep conditioner in a brown bottle. The shampoo and conditioner is awesome.
Remember, during the washing process, whether you wash your virgin hair when it is installed or not, NO HOT WATER TEMPERATURES ON YOUR VIRGIN HAIR.
3. Another good oil for the Virgin hair is Argon Morocco oil . use when you want to moisturize the hair or when it is dry. It's also a good idea to use it prior to blow drying the hair if you choose.*The virgin hair goes back to wavy after its wet ONLY if you let it air dry. Blow drying it will make it straight.
* Do NOT use any tea tree oil products at ALL on the virgin hair this really dries the hair out badly.
Do NOT USE any oil Sheen or lotion moisturizers.
Do NOT use any leave in conditioners...these things will weigh the hair down really bad. When using your Morocco oil, only a DIME SIZE amount is needed to moisturize the entire head. The oil is rich therefore you will only need a small amount or else it makes the hair look weighed down
* Virgin hair iron curls immaculately. However, you do not want to put heat to this hair every day because you will damage the texture. Consider buying flexible rods to quickly make beautiful curls without damaging the hair.
*Should the hair begin to shed, you may want to consider having it taken down and the wefts sealed.
Be sure to choose a moisturizing color and deep conditioning if you decide to dye or Ombre' your virgin hair. DEEP CONDITIONING IS THE KEY
If you would like to wash the virgin after it is removed,
1.use a big bowl, add warm water to the bowl with about 3-4 drops of shampoo.
2.Use the swishing motion to wash the hair.do not rub the hair, rinse with warm water running in the bowl...repeat the same steps with conditioner.
*** Let hair AIR DRY if you are washing it while it is not installed.***at night keep hair covered in a silk bonnet, or something satin...DO NOT USE OR SLEEP on any cotton material while wearing virgin hair. This will severely dry the hair out. To maintain the wave, put hair in two twists, pin the hair back before tying silk or satin material on the head.